Wednesday, February 27, 2013

From Stressed to Blessed

It has been a long time since I have blogged. 2012 was not a good year. From hopes and dreams being torn away to a motorcycle accident that turned our life upside down for awhile with unneccassary drama and my dad getting lung cancer and dying. I am very glad that 2013 is here.

I have been discouraged by seeing other peoples behavior and my own. I have felt like everything that I have tried to get accomplished has failed. God reminded me this past Sunday that I need to get down on my knees and pray. Not say I will pray or even do a quick pop-up, generic "God help" pray but fervently seek His direction and guidance. I am not new to this concept. I have had times in my life where I was great at praying and seeking God. I do a daily quiet time and have for as long as I can remember but I get distracted. I don't give all of my attention to God. I need to lift my family, ministry, business, and church up in prayer. I believe that this is the way to totally go from Stressed to Blessed.

With that in mind I am going to open myself up to you (not that there are very many readers, lol) and make this my prayer journal. My hope is that you can hold me accountable and I can entertain you with the interesting things that happen in my life.

Lord, I pray that you guide me and help me in seeking you. I thank you for my blessings. Please give me wisdom as I seek you in parenting my children, in loving and respecting my husband, in leading the women in my Bible Study, in doing my business, in volunteering and in church leadership. Thank you for your gift of grace and forgiveness. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: