Monday, April 29, 2013

Dreams

I believe that right now, in this moment, I am doing what I am supposed to do, what God has called me to do. I love on women who need help with the Care Pregnancy Center of the Eastern Panhandle. It doesn't look the way I thought it would look. I am a counselor but I have not had any official women to counsel. I love on the women and men that come in and need help.

I sing on the Worship Team. I can't not sing. I would not have my joy if I didn't sing. I sometimes feel like I am being selfish singing up there but I know that I am not up there to perform. I am up there to worship God. To be His cheerleader. To help others worship Him.

 My husband and I reach out to help couples. We have done some counseling both marital & pre-marital but mostly we point them to Family Life's Weekend To Remember or The Art of Marriage DVD Event. Sometimes I feel that we don't have an impact but even the smallest something to point them towards God is all that it takes. We shine our lights in a way that God calls us to. 

Our big dream is to own a B&B. One that reaches the believers that need respite. To nourish people not just physically through food and rest and relaxation but also spiritually through listening, praying, encouraging and pointing them to God's Scripture. Recently, Jay voiced that it may even be a retreat center. We have talked about a campground...maybe it will be all those three combined! That would be awesome! I don't know when this will be or where this will be and obviously we don't know exactly what but that is our dream.

My good friend pointed out that we already have a B&B but it doesn't look like we thought it would. We like to open our home to people who need it. People that we feel lead to envelop into our family for a time. I am excited to meet the next person who will be with us for the summer. I hope that we can show God's love to her. It is a blessing to be where you are supposed to but don't overlook where you are thinking that you aren't there. I know our dream is being realized. I know that when the girls leave the nest it will grow bigger. I know that I shouldn't belittle what we are doing now. I know I can't wait for it to be bigger. I pray that I keep my eyes and mind opened to what it will be, to what God shapes it to be. 

No comments: